If you have ever consulted with a physical therapist or a medical professional seeking to rehabilitate an injury, you have likely experienced a form of electrical muscle stimulation using a muscle impulse machine. The primary purpose of an e-stim or electrical muscle stimulation therapy is to simulate what typically happens in the body when you voluntarily contract and release a muscle repeatedly. The treatment can strengthen and repair body tissue, mainly the muscles that have weakened or atrophied due to injury or disease. Another form of e-stim therapy is transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) which works primarily on nerves rather than muscles. Without a doubt, TENS therapy with devices like the wireless iTENS can manage pain and discomfort from various pain disorders.
TENS therapy as a nerve and muscle impulse machine can help treat pain and discomfort caused by:
- All kinds of arthritis pain
- Neck, Back (lower back) and period pain
- Neuropathic pain (like sciatica or nerve or spinal cord damage)
- Injuries caused by sports
Suppose you suffer from acute or chronic pain and are interested in reducing your intake of medications or potentially invasive medical procedures to find pain relief. In that case, a muscle impulse machine or TENS device may be an ideal option for you.
Nerve and Muscle Impulse Machine: What is a TENS therapy device?
- A TENS or muscle impulse machine utilises electrical stimulation to help relieve pain by using tiny electrical impulses. Additionally, these impulses help produce and release endorphins (the body’s natural painkillers). When the TENS device is on, you may feel a slight tingling sensation caused by electrical impulses from the device.
- A TENS machine is has a small stimulator device connected to two or more electrode pads. These electrodes or pads are attachable over the skin around the pain point.
If you are interested in getting your muscle impulse machine or TENS therapy device, you should consider our iTENS wireless TENS machine. The iTENS is one of the world’s first wireless TENS devices with FDA approval. Furthermore, you can pair the iTENS unit with your smartphone (most iOS or Android devices). Additionally, the iTENS has its free app, you can control the device freely or adjust the settings directly on the TENS machine.
Benefits of TENS in Therapy?
- TENS is a non-invasive pain relief tool, and it may help reduce your intake of medications.
- No negative side effects
- The iTENS wireless TENS machine is compact, portable, and entirely discreet. Moreover, you can use it anytime you require pain relief.