If you are considering trying out TENS therapy using a device; there are many TENS machine benefits that you will have access to. If you suffer from acute or chronic pain, the TENS machine will help in relieving pain and discomfort.
Using TENS therapy could help you treat the following symptoms: period pain, labor pain, postoperative pain, joint pain, neck and back pain.
The use of a TENS machine can also help in alleviating pain from the following conditions: adenomyosis, Osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis, injuries caused by sports, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, painful diabetic neuropathy, and spinal cord injury.
One of the TENS machine benefits is that it provides the user the power to control the intensity level of the program used for pain relief. The users can control and try out different intensities of the electrical pulses to achieve the best results for your pain relief treatment.
TENS machine benefits:
- Nowadays, wireless TENS devices are available for purchase. The iTENS wireless tens machine is the world’s first FDA-cleared wireless TENS device. You can use the iTENS device manually or control it via your smartphone using the app explicitly made for iTENS devices. The wireless devices have removed the hassle and difficulty of adjusting the intensity level of the device while you are using it.
- The iTENS machine benefits also provide you with a mobile application made explicitly for the iTENS devices. This app provides you with continuous upgrades and software capabilities.
- The TENS devices typically use alkaline batteries to power the device for a short period. The iTENS wireless device can be used for up to 24-hours of continuous use. The iTENS is USB powered and fully charges in less than 2 hours. You do not need to worry about replacing the batteries of the TENS device.
- TENS machines usually require expensive electrodes or pads for replacements. However, the iTENS wireless device provides you with options for different electrodes that are inexpensive but very effective.
- The iTENS provides you with the option to use multiple devices at once; the devices can be discreetly used under your clothing as it is compact, portable, and comfortable to use.
- The iTENS utilizes a winged shape electrode with a laser printed silver conductive surface to provide you with unmatched quality of pain relief.
Duration of TENS therapy sessions:
The following duration and frequency of use of TENS are recommended:
- If you suffer from acute pain; you can use the TENS machine for up to 20 to 60 mins, 4 times a day.
- If you suffer from chronic pain; you can use the TENS machine for up to 20 to 30min up to 5 times a week.
You can use your TENS devices as often as you like when in need of pain relief. Using TENS is a safe and drug-free option for managing your pain.