Pain management treatments can play a vital role in your daily life. Effective treatments like oral medication, physiotherapy, and electrotherapy can drastically help with your overall day-to-day comfort. These treatments have been proven to reduce and sometimes even wholly negate the pain felt. It is worth noting that their effects may be different for every person. Pain treatments through medication and physiotherapy might need professional help. However, electrotherapy treatments through TENS devices can be done in the comfort of one’s home. Nowadays, even professional-grade personal TENS devices are available worldwide, like what physiotherapists use. These devices are now effective alternatives for traditional home remedies like cold or hot packs. With the prevalence of home TENS therapy treatments, many in Australia ask: Can I buy a TENS machine in Chemist Warehouse?
Yes, you may purchase a TENS machine in Chemist Warehouse. However, their options may be limited. When looking for effective pro-grade TENS devices like the iTENS, people can easily purchase them directly from the iTENS Australia website. It is worth noting that iTENS Australia has services just like Chemist Warehouse. They offer same-day shipping nationwide with AU post express and standard options available.
Buying a TENS Machine in Chemist Warehouse: What is a TENS Machine?
A TENS machine is an electrotherapy device that uses low-voltage electrical currents for nerve stimulation. Stimulation with a TENS machine falls under the “Gate Control Theory” of pain management. This theory states that the constant electrical nerve stimulation from a TENS machine can cause the closure of our gating channels. These channels are where our pain signals pass through to reach our brains. Closure of these gating mechanisms can disrupt the transmission of pain signals, thus, reducing the pain we’d typically feel from an injury or health condition. Getting a personal TENS machine can drastically help improve your overall day-to-day comfort, especially when dealing with constant short-term (acute) or long-term (chronic) pain. Personal devices like the iTENS can effectively help induce the Gate Control theory. If you struggle to find a pain-reducing TENS machine in Chemist Warehouse, you can try the iTENS from iTENS Australia.
TENS Therapy can also induce endorphin release. Endorphins are our body’s natural painkillers. Furthermore, these hormones can also have other positive effects, aside from pain relief. Professionals would also refer to this hormone as the “happy hormone” because of its impact. Additionally, it is worth noting that this hormone can effectively improve overall comfort during TENS therapy. Endorphins can drastically help improve moods, reduce anxiety, induce relaxation, and improve sleeping patterns (due to their relaxation effects). You can head straight to a supplier’s website rather than looking for a TENS machine in Chemist Warehouse. You can buy an endorphin inducing device straight from iTENS Australia.
TENS Machine in Chemist Warehouse: Why the iTENS?
When buying a TENS machine in Chemist Warehouse or from other suppliers, it is essential to note the features people should look out for. Devices like the iTENS are convenient and effective mainly because of their innovative features. Some of the advantageous features of devices like the iTENS are:
- Wireless: iTENS integrates effective TENS therapy treatments with wearable wireless technology capable of Bluetooth connectivity. A Bluetooth-capable device allows users to pair it with their smartphones seamlessly. The iTENS can be activatable and controllable through your phone. Moreover, this feature can drastically help users trying to treat hard to reach areas like the lower back. Users would no longer need to reach out for the device when its parameters need adjustments.
- Versatility: The iTENS can be a much more versatile device thanks to its wireless feature. It can treat various health conditions, injuries, and body parts. Furthermore, this allows users to use the iTENS for more than just one pain-related problem.
- Effectiveness: The iTENS can produce electrical currents with the same frequency and intensity as a professional’s device. This feature allows users to have effective TENS therapy treatments even in the comfort of their homes.
- iTENS App and Pre-set Parameters: Users can use the iTENS app through their smartphones. The app has various pre-set treatment parameters ready for use. Furthermore, this feature drastically helps new users treat themselves effectively without professional help.
TENS Machine in Chemist Warehouse: What can the iTENS Treat?
When looking for a TENS machine in Chemist Warehouse, purchasing a highly versatile device is essential. Furthermore, this ensures users can use it for more than just one pain related issue, making the device a worthwhile investment. Wireless TENS devices like the iTENS from iTENS Australia can effectively treat the following conditions:
- Frozen Shoulder (AKA adhesive capsulitis)
- Arthritis (more commonly osteoarthritis)
- Fibromyalgia (typically from fatigue)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
Since TENS machines include all-natural responses, they can even treat general pain all around the body. Using and buying a TENS machine in Chemist Warehouse or from other supplies can effectively deal with acute (short-term) pain. Aside from long-term health conditions and issues, a TENS device can also treat pain or injuries in the following:
- Back (typically the lower back)
- Arm (elbow joint)
- Hips (typical pain from hip surgery recovery)
Another key feature the iTENS has over other TENS machines is the ability to change pads. Interchangeable pads ensure effective nerve stimulation during TENS therapy. Pad placement and pad sizing can play a vital role in transmitting electrical currents. For example, using small electrode pads may not be enough stimulation for areas like the back. When looking to buy a TENS machine in Chemist Warehouse or on other platforms, users should also check the availability of their accessories. You can easily purchase the iTENS and its accessories from iTENS Australia. You can buy and use the following iTENS accessories:
- iTENS small wings: These electrodes work best for small flexible areas always in motion, like the joints. These pads can effectively treat areas like the wrist and ankle.
- iTENS large wings: These electrodes are specifically for broad treatment areas like the back.
- iTENS long pads: These electrodes are specifically for elongated treatment areas like the back towards the posterior leg. Furthermore, these pads are highly effective for conditions like sciatica.
Is Electrotherapy Safe?
Electrotherapy with a TENS device like the iTENS is a non-toxic, safe, and all-natural pain relief method. Unlike some oral pain medications, TENS therapy devices do not have adverse side effects. Moreover, the mild electrical currents produced during TENS therapy cannot cause any harm. Therefore, buying and using a TENS machine in Chemist Warehouse or other online suppliers can be entirely safe. Additionally, you can also use them throughout the day when pain symptoms begin to show. However, it is essential to remember to take 20-minute breaks in between sessions. Furthermore, users can confidently use iTENS from iTENS Australia because it has FDA clearance to be an effective and safe pain relief device. FDA clearance ensures users that these devices have been tested before public release. Despite being safe for use, people with cancer, epilepsy, history of seizures, heart problems, and cardiac pacemakers should avoid using TENS devices.