Portable TENS machines in Australia have become very sought-after in recent years. In recent years, body pains from muscle overuse, inactivity, and health issues have been common. Such pains can be so excruciating that they can immobilise and incapacitate. Furthermore, these pain conditions can last in the short or long term. As a result, these conditions require regular medication, intensive physical therapies or even surgery. However, not all of these pain relief methods are safe. Most of them, such as oral medications and surgery, come with lasting and painful side effects, not to mention steep financial costs. Consequently, more and more doctors recommend cost-effective and reliable treatments like TENS to people suffering from these pain conditions.
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, or TENS, is a highly effective pain treatment that is drug-free and non-invasive. Modern TENS devices like the iTENS from iTENS Australia make TENS therapy more manageable and accessible to those who need it the most. The iTENS is the ideal alternative to help people with pain, diseases and conditions; its effectiveness and reliability make it the best portable TENS machine in Australia today.
Portable TENS Machines in Australia – What is TENS?
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, or TENS, uses low-voltage electrical currents run through electrode pads on the skin to stimulate the nerves directly. This electrical stimulation comes across as mild and comfortable tingling sensations on the skin. In addition, these electrical currents block the body’s pain gates, improving blood circulation and inducing the body to release endorphins. Moreover, these are all natural methods of pain relief. TENS therapy essentially helps the body heal through totally natural means. In addition, TENS devices such as the iTENS from iTENS Australia use any of these methods depending on the pre-set frequency you put it on. A TENS device such as the iTENS relaxes the body, lessens pain perception and can even help regeneration and recovery. This versatility makes the iTENS the best portable TENS machine in Australia by leaps and bounds.
Portable TENS Machines in Australia – What does TENS treat?
There are various reasons why many look up “portable TENS machine Australia” for a device to relieve multiple pain conditions and ailments. In addition, practical and versatile TENS machines like the iTENS are in high demand. TENS therapy is a tried and tested method of treating acute and chronic pain conditions such as:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Spinal stenosis
- Tennis elbow or epicondylitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Persistent migraines
- Labour pains during pregnancy
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Diabetic neuropathy
The iTENS can also help relieve aches and pains from muscle overuse and fatigue in the following body areas:
iTENS Australia – Accessories
The iTENS is the ideal choice when looking for a portable TENS machine in Australia. Safety, reliability and convenience are the essential elements of a TENS machine. The iTENS from iTENS Australia is an excellent choice for your pain management needs; in addition, iTENS Australia provides various iTENS pad sizes and accessories to fit your specific TENS therapy.
- Small wings – the iTENS small wings treat the smaller and more movement-prone areas of the body, such as the elbows, ankles, wrists and knees.
- Large wings – the iTENS large wing pads are the best for broader treatment areas like the back and thighs.
- Long strip pads – these long strip pads treat elongated areas like the legs and forearms. Furthermore, these pads are also helpful for treating pain conditions that radiate and run down the areas of the body, such as sciatica and myofascial pain syndrome.
- Replaceable gel pads – you can purchase gel pad refills good for 15 to 20 applications. In addition, each packet contains a set of three pairs of gel pads, making replacement affordable and accessible.
iTENS Australia – Pad Placement
When purchasing a portable TENS machine in Australia, one crucial element should not be forgotten, pad placement. Pad placement is essential for effective and long-lasting pain relief in TENS therapy. In addition, adequate arrangement helps ensure that the electric currents reach the right nerves during TENS treatment. The iTENS uses hypoallergenic, adhesive gel pads on pain areas for effective and efficient pain relief. To apply them, first identify the precise pain location. Then, define the most painful pain spots, as some pain conditions have spread wide. Secondly, place the TENS electrode pads near or around the pain area. Third, alter the flow and frequency of the current to suit your specific therapy. Lastly, doctors and physical therapists recommend a 20 to 30-minute interval between therapy sessions to avoid overstimulation.
Furthermore, as a precaution, TENS therapy is disadvised in the following situations:
- On body parts such as over the eyes, throat, temples, the genitals, simultaneously on the chest and back, or directly over the spine.
- While driving or operating heavy machinery.
- While bathing, showering, swimming or anywhere near water.
- On damaged, reddened or infected skin.
- If you have certain conditions such as blood clots, heart ailments, epilepsy, early pregnancy stages, or have electrical implants like pacemakers and cardiac defibrillators.
Portable TENS Machines in Australia – Advantages of iTENS
The wireless iTENS is the most effective and cost-effective portable TENS machine in Australia today. Compared to older models of TENS machines, the iTENS is more reliable and accessible, allowing you to enjoy TENS therapy while working out, during your shift or just going about your day. In addition, iTENS has the following advantages, making it the ideal device for pain relief and management.
- Immediate results – many people suffering from chronic and acute pain conditions feel pain relief after a single 10-minute therapy session. Moreover, many note longer-lasting pain relief.
- Safety – The iTENS is drug-free and non-invasive. People can use the iTENS without worrying about adverse effects, the risk of dependency or needing recovery periods.
- Discreet and Portable – the iTENS was designed for comfort and flexibility. You can easily apply the device to pain areas without needing medical assistance. Moreover, you can wear the iTENS discreetly under your everyday clothes to enjoy TENS therapy on the go or in the comfort of your home.
- Smartphone compatible – although you can manually use the iTENS with a single button press, it also has smartphone accessibility. This feature means you can connect your iTENS to your Apple or Android device via Bluetooth to access the innovative iTENS app. This app comes with various therapy pre-set options for your specific needs.
Pain conditions such as body aches and nerve pains are sadly common among working adults. Luckily, managing pain with a wireless TENS device like the iTENS is cost-effective and safe. TENS therapy is drug-free, lessening the risk of adverse conditions and side effects. The iTENS is ideal for long-lasting relief from excruciating and debilitating pains. Furthermore, the iTENS is the first portable TENS machine in Australia that is FDA-cleared. This clearance means it has passed rigorous and painstaking trials for medical device safety. Accordingly, you can use iTENS as many times in a day as you want, in the comfort of your home or on the go. You can purchase your iTENS at iTENS Australia for effective and longer-lasting pain relief.