Before deciding to use a muscle pulse machine, it is essential to understand how it works. Typical TENS and EMS machines produce tiny electrical impulses through the skin to the nerves and muscles, causing muscle contractions and providing pain relief. iTENS Australia supplies the world’s first wireless medical device with FDA certification. The iTENS Wireless TENS machine helps with speeding up rehabilitation, relieving pain, increasing muscle strength, and even improving overall performance.
A muscle pulse machine stimulates the muscles, making them contract. The constant contractions increase blood flow circulation to the affected area, which improves muscle strength and rehabilitation. Suppose you are healing from an injury or suffering from an acute or chronic pain disorder. In that case, you will likely benefit from using a muscle pulse machine like the iTENS wireless TENS device. The iTENS can stimulate injured muscles and nerves to help relieve pain and discomfort. If you are trying out TENS therapy for the first time, we recommend starting with the lowest setting. You can then gradually adjust the program intensity to suit your needs and comfort. Furthermore, if you are unsure about the iTENS, you may also consult a doctor or physiotherapist and ask about the benefits of electrotherapy.
iTENS: Muscle Pulse Machine
The iTENS wireless medical device is a perfect choice if you want to start using a muscle pulse machine for treatment. iTENS provides users with quick and easy access to pain relief. The device is entirely wireless, removing the hassle of dealing with tangled wires. iTENS offers users the ability to control the device directly or adjust the program intensity via the free companion app. Moreover, the iTENS free app provides users with various features like tracking previous TENS therapy sessions and their feedback. Furthermore, the app also features multiple pre-set program settings and intensities that can help optimally treat specific conditions and body areas.
A muscle pulse machine like the iTENS is perfect for those who want access to instant pain relief. This device is ideal for personal TENS therapy treatments. Furthermore, you can also easily carry the iTENS around, allowing users to use it outside their homes. iTENS Wireless TENS device is compact and highly discreet, you can effortlessly wear it underneath your clothes. Muscle stimulation is one of the most effective treatments for reducing muscle soreness and stiffness. It also reduces inflammation and improves blood flow circulation. TENS therapy is a great recovery option, especially for athletes, as the stimulation improves muscle strengthening and speeds up recovery. TENS therapy aims to provide pain relief by targeting sensory nerves. Moreover, the electrical impulses produced by the device can help stimulate the painful area and provide relief from the pain and discomfort.
Which device to choose?
Using TENS therapy devices or muscle pulse machines can relieve pain in the nerves, muscles or joints. Pain relief is now possible in these painful conditions:
- Back pain
- Feet pain
- Contractions during labour
- Post-surgery pain
- Period pain
- Cancer pain
- Joint pain
- Muscle strengthening
- Nerve and muscle inflammations
- Poor muscle strength
On the other hand, using EMS therapy devices can soften stiff muscles and improve muscle strength. For example, EMS therapy can help with:
- Muscle spasms
- Improving blood circulation
- Treating muscle atrophy (muscle weakness)
- Speeding up muscle rehabilitation
Therefore, we highly recommend using EMS therapy for muscle pain relief.
Types of muscle pulse machines?
The two main types of electrical stimulation are TENS and EMS. If you are considering in getting a muscle pulse machine for treatment, you should understand the difference between both machines.
When you use TENS therapy for treating chronic and acute pain, the iTENS muscle pulse machine pads are placed directly on the skin near the pain point. The stimulation from the electrical impulses helps provide pain relief. A regular 15 to 20 minute TENS therapy session using the iTENS wireless TENS device is perfect for those suffering from chronic and acute pain disorders. Furthermore, it is worth noting that TENS therapy is a 100% all-natural, risk-free, non-invasive choice for pain management. On the other hand, EMS uses a slightly higher voltage for muscle contractions. Moreover, this repetitive contraction improves muscle strength and increases blood flow circulation, providing users with increased rehabilitation time.
Is a muscle pulse machine worth it?
When using a muscle pulse machine as part of your physical therapy session or pain management treatment, insurance may cover the cost of the treatment. Devices like the iTENS is are FDA-cleared medical devices, perfect for users who require easy access to pain relief. However, it would be best to consider consulting with your insurance provider first. TENS devices are low-cost but highly effective pain management devices. Additionally, it would also help if you considered investing in a personal TENS therapy device like the iTENS to improve your pain management options. A personal TENS machine is not covered by insurance.
There are no risks in using a muscle pulse machine. The worst thing that could happen to users is skin irritation (due to misuse or too high intensities). TENS therapy is safe, and there are no adverse side effects. However, you should not use a TENS device if you are pregnant or have a pacemaker.
iTENS Muscle Pulse Machine Pad Sizes
When you buy a muscle pulse machine, it is also essential to research about the accessories of a product. The iTENS device offers three different pad sizes that allow users to treat specific body areas. Moreover, having varying device pad sizes can enable users to treat more regions effectively. You can also use multiple iTENS devices with different pad sizes at once. Here is a quick guide for pads sizes:
- Large wings: for areas like the back and legs.
- Long wings: for elongated treatment areas like the back down to the legs. These electrodes are effective for conditions like sciatica.
- Small wings: for areas like the ankle and wrist.
Do’s and Dont’s
- Ensure that you clean the skin with mild soap and water before applying the TENS electrode pads or the wireless muscle pulse machine on your skin. Please DO NOT use it near water or while in the bath.
- Try out different pad placements for the most beneficial results. When you are sure about the results you are getting from the device, take note of the settings and pad placements. Additionally, you should not place the pads over damaged or irritated skin.
- Users can have TENS therapy done multiple times a day. However, you should check the skin under the pads for redness. Do not use alcohol to clean your skin as it causes excessive dryness, leading to skin inflammation or burns from the TENS electrode pads.
- Store the device and pads in a cool, dry place away from hot and humid areas to prolong their lifespan.
- Keep hydrated, drink lots of fluids during and after the TENS therapy session.
- Never use the machine on your neck, face or directly on your head.
- If you have a pacemaker or other implanted electrical device and cardiac issues, you should not use the TENS unit.